Canada

i have an ingrown toe nail starting on my right big toe how can i fix it without going to hospital?

Dr. Stephen Southard
It depends ..: If it's just inflammation around an ingrown nail, you may be able to get away with warm soaks for around 10 minutes 3-4 times per day. But if you have discharge coming from around the nail or progressive swelling possibly suggestive of a developing abscess(collection of white blood cells) then you may require drainage. If you are having red streaking up the toe/foot or fevers, seek urgent care.
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Home remedy: Try this: For several days in a row, soak your foot for 15 minutes in very warm water, then use the tip of a nail file to gently lift up the ingrown part of the nail. You might notice a spiky part of the nail that's dug into the edge of the toe. That's the culprit. Don't cut the nail! That could make the situation worse. The big toe nails should be cut straight across to prevent the problem.