Fredericksburg, PA

I'm on ambien (zolpidem) 10mg prn and soma 350mg tid and at bedtime. took a soma & ambien (zolpidem) at bedtime i experienced a psychedelic effect. why? is it safe?

Dr. Robert Grindstaff
Addiction Medicine 39 years experience
Ambien (zolpidem) and Soma: Ambien and Soma together is not a good idea it can cause increased CNS depression and and psychomotor impairment cautioned is to be used when taking Soma as it is metabolizes to Meprobamate a benzodiazepine which is in the Xanax (alprazolam) family and is addictive
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Shari Schabowski
Specializes in Emergency Medicine
Why are you on these medications? Are they absolutely necessary?
Sep 4, 2014