Cortez, CO

I just got my immideate denture about 3 weeks ago and i have noticed that the gum part of them are getting really thin is that normal?

Dr. William Schmidt
55 years experience
No: An immediate denture or partial is placed immediately after a tooth is pulled. It can be a costly appliance. As far as getting thin I have no way of know why but I bet your dentist does
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Denture Acrylic: The denture is exactly the same as the day it was inserted, unless of course, your dentist is grinding away the acrylic to make it fit more comfortably. If that is the case, ask your dentist... can't possibly tell how your denture was made, sight unseen.
Last updated Sep 3, 2014