NJ

My outer thigh suddenly "feels" bruised and seems to be a bit warm but i was just laying on it.? i am over 50 lbs. over weight and a smoke so i worry

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 45 years experience
Probably normal: Sometimes you can get in a position & the pressure on the tissue over a bone is greater resulting in tenderness and perhaps some inflammation causing the warmth. You are right: more weight, more pressure. Smoking probably doesn't affect this specifically. BUT if you are worried, let's address the issues:) Try to lose about 20 pounds first, and then quit smoking. You need a lifestyle make-over!
Dr. William Schmidt
Lose weight: I think that you answered your own question. If the process continues and your leg becomes red and painful go to an er without hesitationj

Last updated Sep 29, 2016