Gardena, CA

are cheap shoes (ie. at payless or target) a bad idea for 5 year old?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
There is a : Difference between cheap in price and made bad....look for a shoe that has good support.
Not necessarily: A shoe needs to be proper size, with maybe a little room to grow.It needs to be sturdy enough to protect the feet from the terrain it will be used in (differs if indore or climbing mountains).It needs to breathe ( allow foot moisture to escape).It needs to be flexable for the kids foot to be cradled, not restricted. If you find that in an inexpensive shoe, buy it.Expensive shoes can be the worst.