Mexico

My son is15, bone age 17.some of his growth plates are not completely closed(rad/cub,little space at distal femur.is it still possible to treat him?

Dr. Hushang Haghighat
Specializes in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
Growth hormone: Because his growth plates are not closed he has chance to grow more and growth hormone can help.
Dr. Sunnie Skiles
Growth plates: Your son is 15 yrs and his bone age is 17 yrs, he is close to his maximum height. For short stature treatment he is beyond a growth stage to make much of a difference. Growth hormone at this stage would close those open growth plates faster. I am assuming that this is the treatment you are asking about.

Last updated Feb 5, 2017