Can you get athletes foot on any other part of the body besides feet?

Dr. Latisha Smith
Wound care 39 years experience
Yes: Athlete's foot is the common name for a fungal skin infection called tinea pedis. The fungus likes warm moist skin and thus is most common on the feet. Other areas that it is can be found is beneath the breasts and in the groin. If the skin is dried well after bathing and foot powder is used, especially between the toes to help absorb moisture, athletes foot is likely to occur.
Dr. Margaret Mann
Dermatology 20 years experience
Yes: Absolutely! athlete's foot, or tinea pedis, results from a fungal infection of the skin. The same fungus when found on the body can cause ringworm (tinea corporis), infect the nails (onychomycosis), and even the scalp (tinea capitis).