India

I had cough and cold so doc gave me lupitus 100ml syrup, augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) 625 duo tablets course for 6 days(2 times/day) but the cold and cough hasnt gone! ?

Dr. Monica Michel
Finished?: Have you finished your antibiotic course or are you still taking them? If you are finished but continue to see no improvement in your symptoms, it is either a resistant organism and a different antibiotic is needed or if you are somewhat better but not back to normal this can be normal as the cough often comes towards the end of an illness while all the mucous is draining.
Dr. William Schmidt
Do Not Despair: First of all antibiotics are NOT used to treat colds and coughs. Perhaps the lupituss was the wrong medicine. It is possible that you have a post nasal drip which happens a lot after a cold. Perhaps seeing another doctor for a new take would be helpful

Last updated Oct 4, 2016