can you tell me if on my left shoulder then did an x-ray and he said my spine looks like an s and now i need surgery?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Scoliosis: you certainly would want to discuss this directly with your physician, but one possible explanation was that you were noted to have one shoulder higher than the other prompting an X-ray of the spine in which you were then found to have scoliosis. In general, if the scoliosis is larger than 45-50 degrees, they will tend to relentlessly progress and surgery is recommended.