i've been waking up from sleep with high blood pressure episodes153/93 that last 10mins. i have wpw. but this was not a normal episode.

Dr. Stanley Berger
Cardiology 33 years experience
Sleep Disorder?: Does this happen only at night? Is this happening only when you wake in the morning, or in the middle of the night? If your blood pressure during the day is completely normal, you should consider an evaluation for sleep disturbance. Do you feel sleepy during the day? It might be as simple as a dream that stirs your adrenaline and temporarily raises your blood pressure. Check with your doctor!