Rock Springs, WY
A 42-year-old female asked:

I have a feeling i might have fractured or broke my floating ribs. i have pain in my lower left side near my back bone but in my rib area.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Mansoor Jatoi
Internal Medicine 11 years experience
Concern: If this is a true concern, the definitive test is to get an XRAY or more definitive test would be a CT. Recommend close follow up with your primary care provider or an urgent care that dose X-Rays.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 9, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.