U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Allen Park, MI
A female asked:

I either fractured my right ribs or broke them. it's the rib at the top above my breast. it's very hard like bone and doesn't move. it's very painful.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 58 years experience
Fx of ribs: Will be painful for awhile. Most likely bruised or disturbed rib cartilage in area.
Last updated Aug 31, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.