started suddenly. fever of 101, chills, muscle aches and headache. no other symptoms. what could this be?

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Infection: You are sick! Could be bacterial or viral. A cold, urinary tract infection, sinus infection, strep infection or any of a lot of things could cause this, Take tylenol, (acetaminophen) as on bottle and call your doc in the morning to get checked. If you have fever greater or equal to 101 1 hour after tylenol, (acetaminophen) no relief of headache, vomiting, shortness of breath or anything else scary, call doc or go to ER.
Answered on Aug 23, 2014
1