U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Johnson City, TN
A 57-year-old female asked:

I have hep c with a very high viral load and would like to participate in the new drug trials. i'm concerned due to depression . how do i apply?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Forrest Jones
Specializes in Family Medicine
This PDF may help: I would suggest you check out this PDF, "Guide to Clinical Trials for People with Hepatitis C". If there is a large teaching medical center in your area, that would be a good place to start as well.
Specializes in Hepatology
Treatment: There are two new drugs currently available for hep C. These are very very effective. If you have depression, you can be treated with these oral medications without interferon (needle). Please talk to your gastroenterologist/hepatologist about various combination options.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 30, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.