Macon, GA

my husband is complaining of sharp pain on right side just under his shoulder but points in the kidney area. ?

Dr. Michael Michaels
Urology 53 years experience
?under sh.blade: I think you mean under the shoulder blade since you say he points to the kidney area.If his pain is bad take him to an urgent care center or ER for radiographic evaluation.If he canwait till tomorrow,give him OTC pain piils till he can see his dr tomorrow.If there is fever 103 or more go to ER.Difficult to say if it is musculoskeletal pain without accurate history and physical.Hope all turns OK.

Last updated Aug 23, 2014