U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old female asked:

I've been getting an intermittent throbbing type pain in my left rib cage, below the breast but towards center of whole ribcage. no pain if touched?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Family Medicine 61 years experience
Throbbing chest pain: There are many possibilities. You should report this to your doctor and be seen for a physical examination and tests to determine the cause. Because this is recurring and throbbing, you definitely need a check up and evaluation.
Last updated Nov 27, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.