U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old male asked:

I am considering an insulin-type pump for administering hydrocortisone. can this be done with martial arts, including grappling, striking, etc?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Thomas Knecht
A Verified Doctoranswered
undefined 31 years experience
Don't be silly: Hi. Sorry, but you're being silly making taking hydrocortisone MUCH tougher than it has to be! I tend to use prednisone instead of hydrocortisone because of more favorable pharmacokinetics. No one would put you on HC in an insulin pump! That's truly absurd unless you're so sick you can't keep things down by mouth. See an endocrinologist who knows how to manage hypopituitarism...you'll be happier!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 33-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Aug 13, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.