on bc. lost virginity 3 days ago. breast tenderness, lower abdominal pain, pain behind ribs. got diagnosed with uti today. no burning in pee. preggo?

Dr. David Zweiback
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Pregnancy: I think it is unlikely that you are pregnant if you are taking your bc correctly and not on antibiotics. In addition, your symptoms are not all consistent with pregnancy. The UTI is more likely the diagnosis at this early juncture after sexual intercourse.
Dr. Mary David
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Unlikely: If you are using your birth control right, pregnancy is unlikely. A urinary tract infection IS likely. It is so common there is even a name for it- honeymoon cystitis. To lessen the risk it is a good idea to urinate after intercourse.
Dr. Latoya Edwards
Maybe not: These symptoms may be related to your UTI. More common in females and when sexually active, especially initial or restart of sexual activity. There are several questions, factors , if you are consistent with BC, good, with condoms , great ! This is ideal, BC+Condoms. Breast tenderness rarely occurs with in a few days of conception. If you are late with upcoming menses, check home preg test