Kuwait

My 4mnth old daughter sleeps at night 7hrs straight. should i wake her up to breast-feed? when can i start solid food?

Depends/now: If your baby is growing well and has learned to sleep this long at night there is no need to wake her for a feed.She has shifted her feeding activity to a more daytime pattern which should allow you both to get more done.Solid foods are best introduced when the baby is ready to sit up and the tongue thrust is fading, which is about 6mo.
Dr. Lori Semel
No: She will wake you when she needs to eat. Never wake a sleeping healthy baby at night to eat. You can start solid foods at any time now. My personal preference is to start slowly with cereals, fruits or veggies, introducing each new food for three days to test it out for possible reactions.

Last updated Aug 12, 2014