Rome, NY

how are floaters a sign of ms? i have floaters, with a little bit of sensitivity to light also. when i move my eyes, look into light, it becomes blur

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 33 years experience
Not true: "Floaters" are definitely not a sign of MS or even a symptom. Sensitivity to light is not specific to MS either. If you are referring to the possibility of having an optic neuritis then, I would recommend visual evoked potentials if you're looking for a TEST that may be able to give a bit more support to the picture but otherwise, so far what you've described is not MS. Good luck.
Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology 19 years experience
Floaters are not MS: Floaters are not a symptom of MS. Floaters are caused by changes inside the fluid of the eye, and they lead to visual distortions in your visual field, especially when the eyes are moved. In MS, there is often double vision or a symptom of impaired/blurry vision in one eye. Hope that helps!
Neurology 52 years experience
NO: Visual floaters are not caused by MS. See your ophthalmologist.