my mom has had a severe burning sensation in her chest and back. she is currently being treated for gerd, but nothing seems to work. please help!

Dr. Adam Smith
GERD: Whenever evaluating a chief complaint of burning sensation in the chest and back, it is helpful to know the age and other risk factors of the patient, as that information may inform other considerations. It would be most helpful if she were to write in herself and fill out our brief medical intake, including medications that she is currently taking for this, so we could make better-informed recommendations.
Answered on Jan 18, 2019