U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Bryan, TX
A 34-year-old female asked:

I have a pacemaker now. my heart doctors want to do another surgery. my heart is still going to fast are to slow. what other surgerys would they do.

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Talano
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology 57 years experience
Av node ablation: You might have atrial fibrillation with a rapid ventricular heart rate. The pacemaker can support your heart when it is slow but will not be helpful for a fast heart rate. In this case the doctor will go in and ablate or cut the atrial ventricular node and allow the pacemaker to pace your heart at a regular slower rate Alternately if is a flutter or paroxysmal atrial tachycardia then ablate
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Cardiology 32 years experience
I concur with Dr. Talano --
Aug 7, 2014
Last updated Sep 9, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.