Fort Smith, Arkansas

I feel my heart skip a beat, or flutter, 2 to 4 times a month. should i worry......because i am.

Dr. Stanley Berger
Cardiology 33 years experience
Don't Worry: In the absence of any other symptoms, this is likely benign. When you see you doctor, ask about a heart monitor that can show what is happening when you have this feeling. An occasional extra beat is common in many people and not dangerous. You will need a check up to confirm that you have no structural heart disease. Monitor your symptoms and see you doctor. Go to ER for worse/long symptoms.

Last updated Mar 16, 2021