GA

why does my mid back hurt to the right of my spine when i eat turmeric? i don't have a gallbladder...so it's not that.

Dr. Kathryn Ko
Neurosurgery 34 years experience
Not your spine: Tumeric is unlikely to cause mid back spinal pain. Most of the side effects with tumeric are related to the gastrointestinal system. Watch the dosing carefully and monitor the mid back pain. There is not a lot of research into the side effects of tumeric. If the pain increases check with your doctor for other causes.
Dr. Matt Wachsman
Turmeric: is more hopeful than helpful--extremely little of this big complex spice actually gets in. Direct GI irritation from spicey food is pretty common. I'm not sure there are other possibilities given that most say it's not absorbed. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21413691 (one of many articles) Without an actual examination, I cannot give specific medical advice on your particular health

Last updated Aug 4, 2014