Palmerton, PA

I had blood clot removed from my gum/ lip area july 1 st. when i wear my denture it is still sore. how long will this take to heal completely?

Dr. Keith Hollander
Dentistry 38 years experience
In time: If the base of the denture or the edge is rubbing the surgery site then it will take longer for the area to heal. If it takes more than another week or so you might want to have the surgeon check this out. Although not likely, non-healing wound may be something more serious, and will need additional attention.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
52 years experience
Depends: Never if the Denture is the cause of the irritation area. If it is not the cause, then obtain an Rx for Peridex (chlorhexidine gluconate) and soak the area 4-6 times a day for it to heal much faster.
Dr. Stephen Gordon
45 years experience
Healing takes long: Healing can take a long time & depends on various factors including: your age, your overall physical health, size of the lesion, area of the lesion (lip area is "loaded" with nerve endings= more pain) to name a few factors. Also the surgical technique can affect it too. See your dentist/surgeon who performed the procedure to make sure you are healing, you may need adjustment to your denture.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 55 years experience
Returning : Return to your Dentist for reevaluation. Your denture may need an adjustment.uuy
Last updated Mar 24, 2017