does acid reflux cause neck and shoulder tension? feels like food is stuck, wants to come up and swollen neck. no sore throat.

Dr. Nayana Trivedi
Yes it can.: Acid Reflux can cause Heart burn, Stomach irritation after you eat. If this has been untreated for years can lead to scarring of lower part of Esophagus and there by narrowing. Preventing the normal passage of food to stomach. And you can feel food is stuck in chest, throat. There are other causes for this symptoms too. I do not know your age . Get examined by GI for definitive Dx
Answered on Oct 16, 2017
1