U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old male asked:

Could mild tenderness and/or minor inflammation on or near growth plate lead to stunted growth if a fracture never occurs?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Tanya Russo
Pediatrics 26 years experience
Growth plate damage: Impaired growth of a bone usually occurs only from a fracture or crush type injury to the growth plate. Any suspected injury of a growth plate should be monitored by a physician.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 2, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.