signs of a sexual viral or bacterial infection in my throat? havent done oral in 2 months but sore throat for a few weeks now? almost a month?:(

Dr. Derek Farley
23 years experience Urgent Care
Maybe...: Most likely it is a usual virus that causes sore throats. I have to admit it makes me wonder why you think of an STD as a source first before the more likely usual cold virus. On the other hand, if you are highly sexually active you at a minimum need to be evaluated for the possibility of STD as a pharyngitis source. Perhaps ur dr will treat with antibiotics to "cover" for STD's as a source?
Answered on Jul 31, 2014