Gadsden, AL

flat stools for about 2 years. sometimes loose stools. about every 2 weeks they're loose. am i ok?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Colonoscopy: You have reached an age in which beginning routine colonoscopy every five years may be indicated. Discuss with your family doctor. The intermittant loose stools could be due to numerous issues, and would need more info and stool exam to tell whether further evaluation is indicated. See your doctor, and good luck.
Dr. M. Hytham Beck
General Surgery 43 years experience
Colonoscopy: most likely you are ok stool could reflect what we eat and how the body digest different food saying that if you never had colonoscopy it is time you need one it will clear the colon and give your doctor a lot of information about your digestive system so he can treat it