Ballwin, MO

My vp shunt has been vibrating in my head and it hurts really bad. gonna get ct scan on friday. if nothing shows up what will they do for it .

Dr. Eric Kelts
Neurology 25 years experience
VPS discomfort: It is hard to know what your doctor will do. Based upon your description, I am concerned that something is wrong with the VPS, it may be irritating the covering of the brain, or meninges. Less likely, although still concerning, would be an infection of the VPS. Failure of the VPS can also occur and cause symptoms. I would discuss this with your neurologist or neurosurgeon.
Dr. Mariaelaina Sumas
Neurosurgery 32 years experience
I agree.
Aug 2, 2014

Last updated Jan 5, 2019