U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old female asked about a 28-year-old male:

My husband developed a small bald spot on the side of his head. the hair recently started growing back white. does he need to see a doctor?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Howard Shapiro
Specializes in Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
Alopecia areata: That is the name of the problem. It is an immunological disorder that may recur. It can be treated, often, but not always, successfully. Ask your personal physician for a referral to a dermatologist for treatment

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 20, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.