Am i guaranteed to see 20/20 without glasses after lasik surgery?

13 doctors weighed in across 5 answers

No: No physician can ever guarantee an outcome of a medical or surgical procedure. Be cautious if any such claim is made.

Answered 7/20/2012

6.4k views

No: Stay away from anyone that makes promises in medicine and surgery. I believe that the lasik surgeon should be the one to asses the patient (pre-op) and follow the patient after lasik surgery (post-op). The presence of conditions such as cataracts, presbyopia, dry eyes, glaucoma, diabetes damage may eliminate you as candidate use www.Certificationmatters.Org or www.Facs.Org as a starting point.

Answered 6/10/2014

6.4k views

LASIK guarantees: No. Don't believe all the hype and the slick advertising. Although I am a lasik surgeon, and although most people end up with excellent vision after lasik eye surgery, each person is different, and each person heals differently after surgery. About 98% of lasik patients are happy with their vision after lasik surgery.

Answered 7/20/2012

6.2k views

No: All surgery including lasik carries some degree of unpredictability. While most who have lasik see 20/20 afterwards, some eyes heal a little differently and other factors come in to play. You will definitely see better and probably will be happy with the result. And in most cases that will be 20/20.

Answered 7/20/2012

5.9k views

Dr. Jay Bradley answered

Specializes in Cornea, Cataract, & Refractive (LASIK & PRK) Surgery

No: It is impossible to guarantee a particular vision after lasik surgery but if you are a good laser candidate your highly likely to obtain 20/20 after healed.

Answered 3/26/2013

5.5k views