A member asked:

Accidentally swallowed about a drop of polysporin (bacitracin and polymyxin) original antibiotic cream. will anything happen to me?

3 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Shari Schabowski answered

Specializes in Emergency Medicine

No worries: If you are not immediately allergic don't worry. very low risk.

Answered 5/5/2017

3.8k views

Thank
Dr. Ew Christensen answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

No problem.: If you only swallowed a small drop-sized amount, you should not have any problem. The exception would be if you are allergic to any of the contents of the polysporin (bacitracin and polymyxin) - then you could see a reaction.

Answered 11/17/2017

3.8k views

Thank
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan answered

Specializes in Dermatology

No: But note that this product is probably of no use. It may cause allergic reactions. Thus you should avoid using polysporin, (bacitracin and polymyxin) neosporin, bacitracin, or triple antibiotic on wounds or injuries. Severe allergies have caused a few deaths. If you were that sensitive you would not be asking this question: you would be on the floor.

Answered 7/19/2018

3.8k views

Thank

Related Questions

A member asked:

Are polysporin (bacitracin and polymyxin) drops good for pink eye?

A doctor has provided 1 answer