Waterbury, CT

My period is three days late should i be worried. i'm only 18 and i start college in the fall and with family issues i have been slightly stressed.

Dr. Rajnish Jaiswal
Emergency Medicine 24 years experience
No: A few days here and there with menstrual cycles is nothing to worry about. Stress is a well known modifier. Assuming you haven’t had unprotected sex recently, you should be fine. In the future, if you periods stay irregular and erratic, you can see a doctor and consider Birth Control pills.
Dr. Collin Smikle
Stress!!: If this is the first time that you were late, I would be less concerned. It's common given the stress you are under go have all this happen. Therefore, i'd focus on your college preparation but continue to monitor your cycles to make sure nothing else happens.

Last updated Jun 8, 2016