sometimes i suck mucus from my nose into my mouth and there is blood, or blow my nose and there is blood. both small amounts. should i be concerned?

5 doctor answers
Dr. Susan Arnoult
No: Probably from dried out or irritated lining of nasal or sinus passages.
Answered on Aug 14, 2019
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Blood: sometimes its just from dry climate or not drinking enough water but I would see and ENT to have a good look in that area
Answered on Jul 27, 2014
Dr. Kathy Robinson
Not usually: Blood in nasal mucous is usually from small blood vessels in the nose that are irritated. This can be from allergies or dryness. If there is ever a lot of blood or if the bleeding does not stop you need to seek medical care. If you have nasal pain or trouble breathing it would be good to see a doctor. If you feel that the blood is coming from your lungs instead of your nose you should also see MD
Answered on Feb 24, 2018
Dr. Alok Patel
Normal: If you blow your nose too hard, you can burst small capillaries, leading to small amount of blood. Other common cause is dry mucus membranes with irritation. If you are using Flonase or benadryl, (diphenhydramine) they will dry up membranes.
Answered on Mar 12, 2018
Dr. Gibrham Rodriguez
12 years experience Emergency Medicine
Need physical exan: You will need to see your primary care provider for a proper physical exam . Does this happen usually in the mornings when you wake up? During certain season? Any family history of bleeding disorders ? Do you take any medications currently for any other medical condition?
Answered on Feb 5, 2017
3