OH

Sometimes i suck mucus from my nose into my mouth and there is blood, or blow my nose and there is blood. both small amounts. should i be concerned?

Dr. Susan Arnoult
No: Probably from dried out or irritated lining of nasal or sinus passages.
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
40 years experience
Blood: sometimes its just from dry climate or not drinking enough water but I would see and ENT to have a good look in that area
Dr. Kathy Robinson
Not usually: Blood in nasal mucous is usually from small blood vessels in the nose that are irritated. This can be from allergies or dryness. If there is ever a lot of blood or if the bleeding does not stop you need to seek medical care. If you have nasal pain or trouble breathing it would be good to see a doctor. If you feel that the blood is coming from your lungs instead of your nose you should also see MD
Dr. Alok Patel
10 years experience
Normal: If you blow your nose too hard, you can burst small capillaries, leading to small amount of blood. Other common cause is dry mucus membranes with irritation. If you are using Flonase or benadryl, (diphenhydramine) they will dry up membranes.
Dr. Gibrham Rodriguez
Emergency Medicine 14 years experience
Need physical exan: You will need to see your primary care provider for a proper physical exam . Does this happen usually in the mornings when you wake up? During certain season? Any family history of bleeding disorders ? Do you take any medications currently for any other medical condition?
Last updated Aug 14, 2019