Pocatello, ID

With previous question) my throat is sore and it's hard to swallow, nose runny, painful/stiff neck and base of head. dry cough that sometimes gives up mucus. mucus and blood after blowing nose.

Dr. Ryan Phasouk
Pharyngitis: Most times, acute pharyngitis (infection of the back of the throat) are caused by viruses or bacteria. Symptoms of these infections include, but are not limited to: 1) sore throat, 2) runny nose, 3) cough, 4) sinus pressure, 5) otalgia (ear pain), 6) fever, 7) fatigue. Best to give it time and push the fluids! if not improving then you need to see a medical provider!
Dr. Rajendra Tripathi
Orthopedic Surgery 46 years experience
Please call your doc: I am concerned about the neck stiffness and pain in the base of skull otherwise it could just be viral sore throat but it is better to be safe and get it checked good luck.
Dr. Reed Day
Dr. Reed Dayanswered
Specializes in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
See an ENT: These symptoms should be looked at by an ENT surgeon asap.

Last updated Aug 24, 2020