Salt Lake City, UT
A 28-year-old female asked about a male:

My four year old has had a low grade fever for about two days and says his head hurts and he hasn't had much of an appetite?

Dr. Lori Semel
Viral syndrome: The summertime is a virus playground. There are many subtle viruses that present with low grade fever, malaise, headache and even some that can give a sore throat, that might limit his appetite. If his fever stays low grade, and just these subtle symptoms, it is safe to wait three days with acetaminophen, ibuprofen and a lot of extra fluid and let the body do its work to fight it.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Nayana Trivedi
I am sorry!: Are you giving Children's Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Ibuptofen? Is it not helping? Does he have ENT infection like ear pain, Runny nose? Is he interactive and moving his head in all direction? Is he throwing up? If responding to medicine and no other symptoms continue to monitor and get checked with pediatrician tomorrow. If otherwise take him to Urgent care to make sure he does not have any serious infection.
Last updated Jul 27, 2014