Ridgewood, NJ

fever reducers don't work on my body what is it keep getting hot after i hit my head kinda worrying. maybe body can't regulate temp? wasn't knockedout

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Infectious Disease 23 years experience
Temperature settings: Everyone is unique -- from the nose we have to the body temp we keep. When you say 'fever' what exactly do you mean? 98.6 deg F doesn't apply to everyone as a 'normal temp' AND the body temp goes up and down throughout the day (circadian rhythm). True the brain (hypothalamus) regulates body temp - but I find it hard to believe your system was knocked out somehow. Best to follow up with ur doc.

Last updated Jul 24, 2014