NY

Are the little brown spots venous insufficiency in my ankles/calves. just diagnosed w/venous insufficiency. i am taking blood pressure meds/ diuretics?

Dr. James Lin
Urology 52 years experience
Here are some ...: Venous dilation (venous insufficiency) is bound to happen to all aged persons here and there, especially in the legs. There has been no cure for it, but learning to cope with it is the key to slow down such undesirable process of life and minimize its ill effects by: Live on healthy lifestyle without overindulgence; wear compression stocks; exercise and elevate legs regularly; take surgery as last
Dr. Alex Spyropoulos
Completely agree. However, I would suggest also obtaining a venous duplex ultrasound of your legs to make sure that you have not had prior venous thrombosis and to assess potential severity of venous reflux, if you have it
Jul 25, 2014

Last updated Jun 9, 2018