What do you suggest if my father needs shoulder surgery and i'm looking in to stem cells as an alternative. do they do stem cell transplants in the us now?

Dr. Brian Duncan
Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
Get the surgery: Ask the surgeon, but I'm not aware of stem cell treatment of shoulder problems.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Michael Fitzmaurice
Hand Surgery 15 years experience
Depends: Depending on the pathology stem cell treatment can be very effective at decreasing need for surgery. This could be used for arthritis and partial rotator cuff injury with great success depending on the exact type of treatment, training of the doctor and knowledge of overall optimization of the body to maximize the effects of the treatments.
Last updated Feb 1, 2020