Australia

can part of calf muscle be suitable for acl replacement? when all other acl surgeries failed

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 17 years experience
Stem Cells: Check out Regenexx.Com for more info. Basically adult stem cells are usually from your own blood, fat or bone marrow. This clinic is the only one in the country using your own stem cells to heal or repair ACL at this time without surgery. Check to see if you are a candidate.
Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery 33 years experience
Achilles' tendon allografts( cadaver) can be used for revision ACL reconstruction . Using one's own Achilles is not recommended for primary or revision ACL reconstruction. My preference for revising a failed ACL recon.is patellar tendon allograft( if the native ACL has already been used or quadruple looped hamstring autograft.
Jul 23, 2014