he ordered a basic metabolic panel when my glucose was 117 and my co2 level was 27?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Sarkis Barupian
Blood drawing: If you were fastin, (phentermine) your sugar is elevated and you should be worked up for diabetis however if you were not fasting, you should repeat the test fasting. Elevated CO2 means you mus have hyperventilated during the blood drawing.
Answered on Jul 21, 2014
1
Dr. Leila Hashemi
Blood sugar: The question is if you were fasting for 8-10 prior to the blood test. If you were fasting then your CO2 could be elevated just because of volume depletion (not drinking water), your blood sugar is elevated to the point of pre-diabetic, why don't you repeat the test in 4 weeks or so and discuss the result with your provider.
Answered on Jul 21, 2014