Malaysia

I am thalassemia carier and rh+ blood type, my wife is rh- and no thalassemia. if rh sensitized, will us have problem to get baby?

Pathology 50 years experience
Not exactly: Even if your wife is sensitized, the difficulty is not in getting pregnant but the fetus developing hemolytic anemia. It can usually be prevented and you should see your doctor even before you try to have a baby.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Hematology and Oncology 24 years experience
Rh incompatibiliy: if the baby has Rh +, the baby can have hemolysis ( destruction of the RBC- from the antibody carried by the mother-due to this rh incompatibility). the baby can become anemic and jaundice etc. It however can be prevented- by giving rhogam to the mother during and immediately after delivery. you need to talk and discuss in detail with her OB about this.
Last updated Oct 8, 2017