Dalton, GA

Why does my back ripple like a chiropractor is popping my bag . does that mean i have air in my back if so what causes that ?

Dr. John Munshower
Back "Pops": Your back has many joints in it (verterbrae). The cracking or popping sound is thought to be caused by the gases rapidly coming out of joint solution, allowing the capsule to stretch a little further. This is a benign occurrence that many people experience.
Dr. Adam Lewis
Dr. Adam Lewis commented
Neurosurgery 36 years experience
Very similar to cracking knuckles. The facet joints are rubbing across each other. This is not a damaging to the spine and often increases flexibility.
Jul 16, 2014

Last updated Jul 17, 2014