Bronx, NY

I have a red itchy rash around a mosquito bite i got in my sisters backyard yesterday in li it is hot to the touch also.

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 34 years experience
Get that looked at: Any infection on the skin from a puncture wound by an insect or animal which is becoming red, swollen, and hot to the touch is potentially showing the initial signs of an infection. What you don't want it to be is a MRSA type of infection so you'll want to get ahead of this thing quickly. Clean the area with soap and water at least 2-3x daily until you see the doctor and stay well hydrated.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 7, 2015