U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old male asked:

I have a red itchy rash that looks like mosquito bites. some of it has clustered on my arm. it is located on my wrists, arms, and stomach. ?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Allergy and Immunology 35 years experience
Rash: Rashes are among the most difficult to diagnose without a physicial exam however; some raches have characteristic distribution patterns. Chigger bites can occur in the distribution you describe however, multiple other causes are possible. Accurate diagnosis will require a history and physical exam by an experienced physician, start with a primary care provider, then dermatology.
Dr. Joel Selter
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma 38 years experience
Bedbugs or virus: While viral illness could be the cause, don't forget about bedbug ties. Also need to consider what medications/vitamins have recently been taken.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 29, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.