Lenoir City, TN

I'm 5wks pregnant and i'm so itchy, especially my feet and hands. no rash. why? something serious? keeping me awake

Dr. Denise Bruneau
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Hormones: This early in pregnancy, the problem is probably due to poor hydration (you need 3-5 glasses of WATER daily) and/or the hormonal changes in pregnancy. If the problem persists, see your OB doc and tell him/her. Cholestasis of pregnancy causes severe itching of palms/soles esp at night. Can be a serious issue in pregnancy. Let your doctor know.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016