i am 34 weeks pregnancy and i'm experiencing extreme itchiness over my arms, hands, feet and stomach. what can be the cause for this?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Elvia Greathouse
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
See Your Doctor!: You could have something called Cholestasis of Pregnancy, which involves build up of bile acides and can cause itching without the appearance of a rash. This can cause complications in the baby, and will often necessitate early delivery.
Answered on Sep 23, 2014
1
Dr. James Rochester
PUPPPS: Could also be Puritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy, also known as PUPPPS. It is a condition of the skin that can happen during pregnancy causing itching and skin rash. As the other doctor suggested gallbladder issues (common in pregnancy) can also cause skin itching. Best to see and discuss with your OB. Hope this helps. Best of luck and congratulations on the pregnancy. Dr R
Answered on Mar 22, 2018
2