Cleveland, OH

is it normal to feel nausea after you stop smoking?

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Possible if you: stopped cold turkey. Your body is trying to expectorate all the debris from your smoking from your lungs that's trying to get cleared out of your lungs b the ciliary action of the lungs that may be full of mucus too, that you may be coughing up. This can produce nausea if severe enough. Call your PCP office for help in stopping smoking completely, and what you can do during the withdrawal period.
Nicotine Withdrawal : symptoms may include nicotine cravings, headache, nausea, abdominal cramps, increased appetite, weight gain, problems with sleep (insomnia & hypersomnia), dry mouth, coughing, sore throat, flu-like symptoms, sweating, constipation, tingling in hands & feet, problems concentrating, anxiety, tremor, restlessness, mood swings, depressed or anxious mood & irritability. So, the answer is yes.