Barnesville, OH

is it okay/safe to take tramadol 50mg, hydrocone 5mg, penicillin, hydroxyzine and an effexor (venlafaxine) xr at the beginning of the day? tramadol and effexor (venlafaxine) bad?

Dr. Linda Callaghan
Addiction Medicine 53 years experience
Depends.: Depending on the dosage of Tramadol and Effexor, (venlafaxine) watch out for Serotonin Syndrome. Hydrocodone ,Hydroxyzine and Tramadol can cause drowsiness . Unless you are allergic to Penicillin, this drug does not interact with any of the other drugs.
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 33 years experience
I think someone is..: overmedicating you (if this regimen refers to what YOU take) and that you need a much simpler regimen. I understand you have conditions of depression and hopelessness. Are you hooked in with someone who you can talk to any time you need someone to check things out with? No way should someone like yourself be on chronic Tramadol and Hydrocodone at once. Please get this simplified.

Last updated Jul 20, 2014